Pudong skyline, Shanghai

Pudong skyline, Shanghai
Pudong skyline, Shanghai

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Time flies

Dear reader,
I feel I owe you an apology, my recent lack of blog posts must have hit you hard, I know how my eloquently written, amusing anecdotes cheer up your day and offer an insight into the life of an expat EFL teacher… 

Seriously though, there is good reason for my infrequent postings of late: my life is literally flashing before my eyes.  It’s now already December and I genuinely have no idea where the past four months have gone!  I shouldn’t and indeed am not complaining, but I feel things are moving so quickly that I almost don’t have time to take stock and appreciate my life here.

 Since August work has been very busy, my new role as a Senior Teacher has given me far more responsibility, which I welcome and have fully embraced.  Attending Life Club events and meetings, training teachers in my school and region, as well as my regular teaching schedule has kept me very busy during work days. 

And things don’t let up there; socially I always seem to be out and about too.  The temperature may have dropped, but it’s still just about in double figures and my hibernation mode has yet to kick in.  With Christmas, New Year, Chinese New Year and Winter course all quickly approaching, I’m looking forward to using my annual leave next week to rest, relax and reflect on just how great this year has been to date.
 
A xx

No comments:

Post a Comment