Pudong skyline, Shanghai

Pudong skyline, Shanghai
Pudong skyline, Shanghai

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Familiarity

Unbelievably, over a month has passed since I arrived in Shanghai, and although I’m loving all aspects of my new life here, there are a few things I miss about Vietnam.  Personally, I find there are countless plus points to living here, but the flip side of the coin also leaves me missing the quirky, unfamiliar things that ‘Nam offered up on an almost daily basis.

I don’t know, perhaps my experience of travelling South East Asia has dumbed down the differences I now notice.  Less travelled fellow newcomers seem to find a whole array of things unusual and a little illogical, whilst I look on and don’t bat an eyelid.  I’m hoping my travels around this vast country in the coming months will provide me with some quirky new experiences to satisfy, not only my travel bug, but also my culture cravings!  If not, I may begin to lack inspiration for blog posts, and we can’t have that now, can we!

A xx

No comments:

Post a Comment