Pudong skyline, Shanghai

Pudong skyline, Shanghai
Pudong skyline, Shanghai

Thursday 28 June 2012

Summer school… strikes again!

Yes, it’s that time of year again folks… summer school is upon us.  For the third summer running I’m spending my time educating teens who would like to be anywhere else but stuck in a classroom!  And I can’t blame them, Chinese kids never get a break in term time – the least their parents could do is cut them some slack during the summer holidays.  C'est la vie, at least in my classroom they're guaranteed to have some fun.

 

As with the summer school course I taught in Vietnam, I used a bit of nous and requested to teach an intense version of one of my regular courses, making life easier for myself, as I have soft copies of all my lessons plans and resources.  It’s a lively and interesting course, that I enjoy teaching the most, including lots of videos, audio and IWB games as well as my own competitive and creative elements thrown in for good measure and a few laughs.  It will be taught on top of my regular teaching schedule, meaning an extra 6 to 9 hours of teaching time per week over the next 2 months.

 

During teachers’ meetings and trainings over the past few months we’ve all been warned just how gruelling this period will be.  We'll be supplied with lunches, fruit, medication and throat lozenges to help along the way.  Honestly, I can’t see it being any more challenging than last year; rightly or wrongly I’m going in to this feeling it’s just a small 8 week hurdle before my well earned holiday.


A xx

No comments:

Post a Comment